So. You forgot to sign up for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler. Or you didn’t get in the lottery. Or you didn’t train in time for the race thanks to the flu.
Well. No excuse.
Here are a few other races going on around the region you can still get in on, before the weather warms up too much. By June, I have a feeling we’ll all be looking for the nearest air conditioned building, and having to hit the pavement at 5 a.m. just to escape the humidity.
- The Hills Are Alive 5K & 10K. March 23 at 9 a.m. Fort Dupont Park. $40-$45, with proceeds going to fund a six-month childhood obesity program sponsored by DC Running Clubs. Noted as the toughest 5K & 10K in Washington DC. More information and registration here.
- National Police Week 5K. May 11 at 9 a.m. 4th & F Streets, NW. $35, with proceeds supporting Officer Down Memorial Page and Concerns of Police Survivors. More information and registration here.
- Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure 5K Run/Walk. May 11 at 8 .m. National Mall. $40-$45 for individual registration. More information and registration available here.
- Bowie Annual Spring 5K/2 Mile Walk. March 23 at 8.m. Bowie Town Center. $25, with proceeds going to the Bowie Food Pantry. More Information and registration here.
- Rocky on the Run 5K Run/Walk. March 23, 8:30 a.m. Lyndwood Square Shopping Center in Elkridge. $25 for adults, $15 for children. No race day registration. Proceeds will go to the Rockburn Elementary School PTA. More information and registration here.
- Warrior Dash. May 18 at 9 .m. Mechanicsville. Mud obstacle run. More information and registration here.
- Run for Rights 5K. March 30 at 8 a.m. Bon Air Park and Bluemont Park in Arlington. $25 after March 18, proceeds supporting Amnesty International Mid-Atlantic Region. More information here.
- Crystal Run 5K Fridays. April 5, 12, 19, 26 at 6:30 p.m. Crystal City, Arlington. $20 per race, or $60 for all four runs. More information and registration here.
- Charlottesville Marathon/Half Marathon/8K. April 6, and noted as “the most scenic marathon course in the East” by Running Times Magazine. More information and registration here.
- 2013 Parkway Classic 10 Mile & 5K. April 21 at 8 a.m. Old Town Alexandria. More information and registration here.
Planning Ahead for Fall Races
- Virgina Beach Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon – September 1, 2013. More information and registration here.
- Ragnar Relay – October 4-5, 2013. More information here.
- Army Ten Miler – October 20, 2013. More information and registration here.
More Outdoor Fun
- Hit up the National Cherry Blossom Festival March 20 – April 14
- Make a day trip out of it and head to Historic Jamestowne
- Head over to Roosevelt Island to watch nature wake up from winter