OK, the daffodils have made their appearance in my yard. As in all over my yard (in the grass, in between the fence posts, under bushes… everywhere). Spring is here, if you ask me.
I’ll worry about the bulb problem in a bit. For now I’m just excited about Easter.
I love a holiday as much as the next mother-of-a-toddler. My daughter’s delight is just electric. I love watching her excitement at every new thing out of our day-to-day routine.
Although we’ve never really sat and done crafts together, I think these might be right up her 21-month alley.And it’s probably time. She’s recently discovered coloring, and if that can entertain her for 45 minutes straight, these are sure to get her excited for Easter.
- Bunny Masks via Babyccino Kids Blog
- Toilet Paper Roll Bunny and Chick Finger Puppets via Kidspot
- Baby Chick Easter Craft via Simple As That
- Easter Egg Coloring Pages/ Religious Easter Coloring Pages via I Am That Lady
- Easter Egg Bird Feeders via Playing House
The key to any activity with a toddler I’ve found is: it must be easy and it must be somewhat short. These fit the bill perfectly.
More Springtime Fun in DC
- Head over to the National Cherry Blossom Festival. The peak bloom time has been moved to the first week of April! Hooray for procrastinators (like me).
- Check out some of the other nearby gardens/blooms for a chance to get away from the spring break crowd at the Tidal Basin.
- Sign up to run a Spring race in the metro area.
- Head down to Jamestowne for the day to watch excavations of the original settlement.